

Today was the last day of our normal Sunday School for this school year. Next Sunday our church will be starting their summer schedule and Sunday school will have a different lay out. Therefore I planned a little party for my 3rd grade Sunday School class. The kids were thrilled with the streamers and balloons not to mention the snacks. We covered many things throughout the year first and foremost their relationship to the Lord. We then talked of how we can show God's love to others. I also introduced something I call taking on "The Sibling Challenge". Each week I would challenge the kids to be doing acts of kindness at home to their siblings. I also encouraged them to spread this to their parents, friends, and neighbors. These acts of kindness were supposed to be things that no one asked them to do but ways they could show love towards others. I chose "siblings" as anyone growing up with siblings knows that it is something easier to be kinder to friends then your own sibling. It was fun each week for my students to be excited about something they did to help or encourage one of their sibling. I printed up a "Sibling Challenge" paper for each child to bring home and hang up in their bedroom for the summer to help remind them to show God's love to their siblings and others. Maybe you don't have any sibling s at home anymore but how about taking on the "Family Challenge", "Friend Challenge", or the "co-Worker Challenge" and spread God's love through your acts of kindness.
No comments:
Post a Comment