Saturday, May 3, 2008

Faith Begins At Home














































































I left the house early this morning in order to attend a seminar with six other ladies from our church. There were two sessions that we attended. The first one was directed at parents and it was called "Extreme Family Makeover". Statistics show that between 60%-90% of children are going to leave the faith some time between graduating high school and during their college years. Through an Early Childhood Education Survey, the results showed that the most significant Religious influence in a child's life is first their mother and then their father. And yet many parents are not spending time reading the Bible, praying, or having any kind of spiritual influence in their children outside of church. The first session was very challenging for me, as a parent, of the responsibility Vern and I have to live out our faith in our home with our children. We are already doing many things with our children and yet there are ways we can impact them even more. The second session was for pastors and youth workers on "Becoming A Faith At Home Driven Church". This session was a chllanege to me as a Sunday school teacher and Awana leader, as to what part do I have in helping to equip parents to bring their faith home. I was so glad I attended these seminars as there was a lot of great information. However, I hope it will be more then just information but things I can apply to my life.

No comments:

What's new with Vern and Holly