Well, I wouldn't say we are die hard rugby fans since we just watched our second game of rugby, but Char's team was undefeated and was playing their championship game. She wanted us to come and cheer her team on. (It was REALLY cold and I even wore my winter jacket and was still cold.) Although Char's team did not win they did come in second place in their division which covered quite a large area here in Ontario. I can't say we are understanding the rules any better then the first time we watched. It was actually quite amazing as one girl lost her shoe in all the tackling, but she went on to play for awhile until a penalty was called on someone. The coach was yelling out to her, "Ask the ref if you can go get your shoe and put it on." I once again walked away from the rugby game having a HUGE appreciation for any girl who can go out there with no padding or protection and still be left standing at the end of the game. WAY TO BE CHAR !
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Die Hard Rugby Fans?!?
Well, I wouldn't say we are die hard rugby fans since we just watched our second game of rugby, but Char's team was undefeated and was playing their championship game. She wanted us to come and cheer her team on. (It was REALLY cold and I even wore my winter jacket and was still cold.) Although Char's team did not win they did come in second place in their division which covered quite a large area here in Ontario. I can't say we are understanding the rules any better then the first time we watched. It was actually quite amazing as one girl lost her shoe in all the tackling, but she went on to play for awhile until a penalty was called on someone. The coach was yelling out to her, "Ask the ref if you can go get your shoe and put it on." I once again walked away from the rugby game having a HUGE appreciation for any girl who can go out there with no padding or protection and still be left standing at the end of the game. WAY TO BE CHAR !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's new with Vern and Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment