Sunday, July 29, 2007

Camp Awana




On Saturday I had the opportunity to visit a very special place called Camp Awana. Camp Awana is a Christian camp where I spent quite a bit of time when I was a teenager first as a camper, then a worker, and then a leader. ( All of our children have at one time been a camper and several of them a worker. This past week our son Caleb had the opportunity to be a leader at the teen camp. ) Camp Awana was a place where I was challenged in my spiritual life to grow closer to the Lord, to reach out to the unsaved, and to serve the Lord. I am so thankful for those people who have invested in my life, and for those who are now investing in children's lives to introduce them to the Savior and to encourage them to have a close walk with the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah! glad you got to go and visit!! Were none of your kids in it this year?... cute pics:)

What's new with Vern and Holly