Saturday, July 21, 2007

Roll Kuchen




For anyone who is not from a Mennonite background you might wonder what on earth is Roll Kuchen. Well, Roll Kuchen is this doughy thing that is somewhat like a Long John but not sweet like one. Roll Kuchen is something that a person eats with watermelon. You take a bit of watermelon and then of Roll Kuchen. It is a nice summer supper meal. Vern coming from Mennonite heritage grew up eating Roll Kuchen. I enjoy them but I have my own twist to the meal. I like to melt some chocolate and dip the Roll Kuchen in chocolate and then eat them. (Sounds good, right!) Any true Mennonite would raise their eye brows to perverting Roll Kuchen in this way. Vern doesn't care how I eat them as long as I treat the family by making them a couple of times a year. (smile)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm looks good!! and chocolate souunds really good too!!:-D

Hannah said...

Heheh thnks ruth for the demonstration on how to eat them:) And boy do they look goooood:)

What's new with Vern and Holly