Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Packing 101












I have been in the middle of packing. I had one suitcase all packed up just right and then we put it on the scale and it was two pounds too heavy. So I had to revamp things and do some repacking. I always take special care in packing any liquids, food items, and breakables. I have my system down of first gray taping the lid shut. Then I use two different layers of plastic bags and then more gray tape. You might wonder if it is really necessary. Well, remember me telling you about one of our coworkers who ended up with a smashed jar of peanut butter in his suit case, and how the peanut butter stained his clothes. I would rather avoid accidents and spills. It would be nice to think that the airlines are going to take special care with our luggage but it is so much better to prepare for the worse that our suitcases will take a beating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a gooood packer:D Hope it's all going smoothly!! Praying for you guys!!

What's new with Vern and Holly