Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Visit from the Pillsbury Dough Boy











It was an early morning for me as I started mixing up dough to be ready for our 8:00 a.m. class on yeast doughs. I mixed up five different types of dough for us to work with. Working with yeast doughs is something I knew nothing about when I got married but my dear mother-in-law gave me a few classes on making bread and buns. And thus started my bond with yeast and doughs. That was almost 25 years ago. I do enjoy working with dough and with having five children there was always someone to eat the different recipes I would try out. Some of my favorites like the cinnamon raisin bread I made today I can't keep in the house as I enjoy eating it a little too much. Today's class went very smoothly. There was some opportunity for students to work with some of the dough I had already prepared. Then most of the students got some hands on experience mixing up a batch of pizza dough. Since this scratch cooking class is on different types of dough there was plenty for all of us to snack on. Since Ruth and Titus knew we had a scratch cooking class at the house this morning they came home for their break time and were also able to enjoy the snacks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOO yummy!!!=D all those breads look DELICIOUS! ya, if I was Ruth and Titus I would definantly come home for snack too;) haha!

What's new with Vern and Holly