Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Peek Inside the Suitcases















Since we had to go to a bigger town to get our typhoid shots it was a good opportunity to get some needed things for our trip to Venezuela. One of the first things we needed to get were some suitcases. We were very fortunate that there was a deal on suitcases for 60% off. We went with a style that we could pull so that it would be a lot easier in airports to maneuver. So what are some items I am packing in my suitcases. Some items I am bringing might seem obvious, but they are things that Vern travels without. One of those items is sun screen. He has darker skin and hardly ever uses the stuff. I on the other hand, like to coat myself with the stuff. Normally when I come back from Venezuela I am quite white. I get headaches easily from the sun so normally I wear a hat and am not out in the sun much. However, a lot of our time will be outside so I want to go with some protection. Thinking of protection from the sun we needed to get some shades for that UV protection. We have gotten some at the dollar store before but we did get a step up from that this time as we want them to last the whole month. The next item is also something my husband never travels with. That's right the anti-diarrhea medicine. Vern usually never has any trouble needing this product, I however do have a sensitive stomach. I hope it is something I won't need to use but I definitely am packing it. Our travel alarm clock is no longer working so we needed to get another one. We have too many important flights we can't miss. And if we didn't pick one up now, there will be no Wal-Marts around the corner. Toilet paper, now why would I pack a roll of that? We will be doing a lot of travel via road and not air, and there are no Tim Horton's along the way. Need I say more. Now why would I be packing peanut butter? That is some thing that is hard to find in Venezuela. If you can buy it the price is outrageous. So it is a HUGE treat when a person can get a hold of a jar of peanut butter. Therefore, we are bringing down several containers to give to some dear families. I will be double bagging it, as one of our coworkers once brought down peanut butter and the container broke and peanut butter got all over his clothes. His clothes were permanently stained. (sigh) But they still enjoyed the peanut butter. (smile) I of course have many, many more things on the list to go into my suitcases. And we will also be bringing down things for the ministry. We are just hoping we will be able to stay within the allotted luggage weight limit. Oh, packing will be so much fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh wow! how exciting!!! only one week and you're off=) I bet you're excited to go back to ven.! I'm so glad that you guys could go together! I'll definantly be praying for you guys and for the kids too! ah yes, the anti-diarrhea medicine looks all to familiar =P haha!

What's new with Vern and Holly