Saturday, December 29, 2007

THE BIGGEST LOSER


I don't know how many of you have watched "THE BIGGEST LOSER" on t.v. We don't get the channel on our t.v. However, I have watched the show a couple of times when I have been in the States. I think the reason I enjoy watching the show is that I can totally relate to the contestants who are making every effort to lose weight. Although I would not be considered "THE BIGGEST LOSER" I have reached my goal of losing 30 pounds. I actually reached that goal a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to make sure I could still make it through Christmas without gaining any of it back. When we got home and I got on the scale, I had still lost the 30 pounds I had been working on. YES!!! This however has not been an easy process for me. I have a love of food especially chocolate and I do not enjoy exercise. Many people have asked me about my diet plan. Although official diet plans have helped many people, I know the only thing I needed to do to lose weight was to cut down on all food intake and up my exercise, which was nonexistent when I started. This has been a slow and painful process for me as I started my weight loss and exercise program the middle of July. And although I never had any setbacks there were weeks when it seemed like the scale stood still and would not move in the downward direction. I would like to thank both Vern and Ruth for the HUGE encouragement they have been to me. Besides the constant words of encouragement, there were many times they went for walks with me when they didn't feel like it, but they were doing it for me. I would like to encourage anyone out there who is wanting to or is in the process of losing weight and exercising, to stick to it or start today and set small attainable goals. I would like to think that I will never have a weight problem again but I do love food. So this will be a constant thing for me to make healthier food choices. I have to get up every morning and make that choice to exercise even when I don't feel like it. Although I am not "THE BIGGEST LOSER", I am "A BIG LOSER".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah!! congrats!=D that does sound hard not to be able to eat alot of chocolate!! Great going!!!=D

What's new with Vern and Holly