Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fruit Cake Anyone



No, I haven't been baking or eating fruit cake. We have however been very blessed to have LOTS of fruit to eat. Each September someone donates MANY, MANY bushels of peaches, nectarines, and pears to the campus here. The fruit comes from several hours away and so we all pitch in to cover the gas to go and pick it up. What a HUGE blessing it has been again this year. We are really enjoying so much fresh fruit to eat. And although I have NO desire to make or eat fruitcake I have been going through all sorts of recipes: peach cobbler, caramel Peach Upside-Down cake, fresh peach muffins with pecan crumb topping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOO YUMMM!!!! now my mouth is watering!=D

Glidewell Family said...

Piper wants Pear sauce she loves it and hates Applesauce.

What's new with Vern and Holly