Thursday, September 27, 2007

School Days








This week I have been helping out in the academy here on the campus. The 3rd & 4th grade teacher is away for the week. I have had a good time getting to know the children in the class and interacting with them. I try to come up with ideas to make learning fun. Yesterday I bought in some pull apart licorice. We pulled apart strips of licorice and then the children spelled out their spelling words with the licorice. It sure seemed to bring some life into spelling class but I think they had the most fun eating their spelling words when we were finished spelling them out. (smile)

3 comments:

Jeff AND DeAnna said...

Great idea Holly! It does look like fun! -ddm

Anonymous said...

what a fun idea!!!=D you sound like such a great teacher! you should come here and teach...we need teachers;-)

Anonymous said...

Yummm!!! that's an awesome idea!!! bet the kids loooved it!

What's new with Vern and Holly