
On April Fool's Day when I was growing up one of my sister's used to turn the toaster on high so that my dad's toast would burn. And for many years he always fell for it. Well, gone are the days of such innocent April Fool's pranks. I was thinking that the day would pass rather uneventful. It was a Sunday and we didn't have class so what unusual thing could happen. Ruth went off to work at 12:00 and as many of you know she works in the deli. At about 1:30 I got a phone call from Ruth. I was thinking maybe she was wanting us to drop by and spend her break time with her. But this was to be no normal phone call. She said she needed us to bring her health card down the hospital. She said she had cut her hand on the slicer. Apparently the other lady she worked with had some how banged into her while she was slicing meat and she had cut her hand really bad. All sorts of things were going through my mind like, "Vern had better go as I can't handle the sight of blood." And then just as I was ready to let Vern know he had to drop everything and go to the hospital she siad, "April Fool's". It took a few minutes for my heart to start beating normally again. The two ladies she works with tried to tell her that this was not a good joke to play on a mother. But she could not resist. I was trying all day to think of something I could April Fool's her with, but nothing came to mind. I have decided next year she isn't going out to work. And if anyone has any good April Fool's idea for me for next year, pass them along.
1 comment:
hahaha...that was great...I mean it must have been very scary to hear that...I sure would've been freaked out, but at least she got you:-) I coudln't think up any April fool jokes either..hmmm:-)
Have a happy day:-D
*damarise*
Post a Comment