Thursday, April 5, 2007

We are Awana Cubbies





Every Thursday, Ruth, Titus and I head to a youth program at our church called Awana. This is a program that is very close to my heart since I was saved through the Awana program. I have worked in Awana as a leader several years before we went to the mission field, on furloughs, and now for the past four years. I have two great leaders working with me, one is my daughter Ruth and another one is a dear lady, Theresa. The program we are working with is called: Cubbies and the children are 3-5 year olds. We have a lot of fun with our Cubbie each week. It is such a privilege to work with these children and to be a part of laying a foundation of who God is. During our Bible time I have been teaching through a book called "The Lamb" by John Cross. It lays out the gospel story in such a beautiful way. It has been so neat to see these precious little ones begin to grasp Biblical truths. How thankful I am for those people in my life who came along side me and were a part of directing me to Christ!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cool that you get to help out:-D hahaha...now I have the song that the cubbies sing stuck in my head:-P
*Damarise*

Anonymous said...

yahh that is a neat ministry!!! I loved being in cubbies:) hehe....
love and miss you guys!!!
*Hannah*

Anonymous said...

wow mom, you get a yellow shirt. I always wanted one of those. I don't know about your style mom. The rolled up pants? I don't know about that one.

Seth

What's new with Vern and Holly