Sunday, April 15, 2007

Flash Light Night


This past Thursday night for Cubbies we decided to make it a special event night so we had "Flashlight Night". We tried to do as much of the evening as possible in the dark so the Cubbies could use their flashlights. I went out to the dollar store and bought glow in the dark necklaces for all the Cubbies and leaders. So as each child came in we gave them a glow in the dark necklace. They really enjoyed singing "This Little Light of Mine" with all the lights turned off and as they shined their flashlights around the room as they sang. I also bought a couple of packages of glow in the dark stars. When Ruth and I got there we hid the glow in the dark stars all over the church. Our Cubbies room is decorated in a jungle theme so there are stuffed animal snakes, gorillas, monkeys and other animals. So for our game time we went on a safari (in the dark of course) looking for animals we could put in our zoo. And we also went star gazing and collected all the stars we could find. Then we ended the night with all the lights off and played a game of "I Spy with My Little Eye". The night was a success and I would not have been surprised if some of the kids went to bed holding their flashlights. (smile)



3 comments:

Glidewell Family said...

Sounds like fun Holly, We sure miss going to Awana. I know Aroura would have loved flashlight night! -Ang

Anonymous said...

you're so creative!
*damarise*

Anonymous said...

aww. how fuuun:)
Hannah

What's new with Vern and Holly