Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Paczki Tuesday




Today has been called "Fat Tuesday", "Pancake Tuesday", or "Paczki Tuesday". This is not a day that we ever celebrate, however, on the news channel we watch, they always have a story about Paczkis on this Tuesday. They look so good and I have always wanted to try them. Today I was able to experience "Paczkis Tuesday". My sister Joy and her husband Don came over with some Paczkis. It was so nice to have a visit with them and what a special treat to eat a Paczkis. I have heard that a Paczki is about 400 calories. If that is the case, it was the best 400 calories I have ever eaten.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo wow! those look SOOO good! :D

Hannah said...

Oooo yummm!!! Those look tasty!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! My mother-in-law makes the best paczki!! Did the ones you ate have plum jelly in the centers? Its probably one of the things I miss most about Mark's mom's house:)

Emma

Anonymous said...

They were raspberry ones, and they sure were good. I would love to learn how to make them. I was thinking about you today and am praying that all goes well on Friday.

What's new with Vern and Holly