Saturday, December 20, 2008

911






























































































Ruth and I went out this afternoon to what we thought would be a nice mother/daughter outing. Unfortunately we didn't even make it out of Durham. We were going down the main street and someone made a left turn right in front of us. The driver was totally unaware of what he was doing. He stopped after he finished his turn, asked us if we were o.k. and took off. The air bags had gone off so we were dazed and everything happened so fast we did not get his license plate number. We both have sore backs and necks. My leg also has several big bruises which are giving me a lot of pain. We would appreciate your prayers for our healing and also for us as we work through our car insurance issues. We are so glad that things were not worse and that we were able to walk away from the accident.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the Shafers are "bumming out" for you and praying. We hope you feel better and that they catch the culprit.

Anonymous said...

Poor Rupert!!! Well it is a blessing that you guys weren't hurt worse thank God for that. I hope everything works out with your insurance

Anonymous said...

PTL you weren't hurt worse!!! I hope they find the guy who did that, and that all the insurance problems get worked out. Praying for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

PTL you weren't hurt worse!!! I hope they find the guy who did that, and that all the insurance problems get worked out. Praying for you guys!!

Hannah said...

Oh my!!! I am SO glad nothing worse happened to you! I will be praying you both heal up al the way!!

What's new with Vern and Holly