Monday, October 27, 2008

Check-Up


I am sure we all have a list of the things we hate doing. I have a top four list and one of them is going to the dentist. I had a bad experience when I was in third grade and since then I have had several other painful experiences while sitting in the dentist's chair. This summer I was having a lot of pain and I finally decided to make an appointment. It was an especially busy time of the year for the dental office so I had to wait five weeks for them to work me in to see the dentist. As I was driving to the dental office I felt that my heart beating a bit faster just thinking of the FUN that lay ahead of me. Then as I walked in the dental office I took in that WONDERFUL dentist office smell. (gross) After the x-rays and exam, I unfortunately heard the words I hoped never to hear in my life being flashed before my ears ... ROOT CANAL! I think I am still in a bit of shock, partly from the up coming cost, but also with all the pain that could possibly come along with the whole process. The dentist figured that if I would have come in five weeks ago I probably would have been put on antibiotics but hopefully things have settled down a bit and I can avoid that. I also have another tooth that they said needed to be fixed soon or it would also need a root canal. (sigh) Knowing my spirits were a little low this afternoon in anticipation of all the drilling, and dental visits ahead Ruth surprised me with a plant that had a smiley balloon in it. And it did make me smile when she brought it home.

3 comments:

Carrie Murphy said...

hey holly, i just had a root canal done,and possibly need another. the pain is not bad at all,espcially if you are already having pain from your tooth. the worst part of the whole process is getting the shot. other than that, its not bad at all!

Holly's Homepage said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I usually need a couple of shots for a normal filling so I am a bit worried that it will be pretty painful. But maybe they give you more numbing since they are dealing with the roots. i will try to think happy thoughts of my up coming dental visits! (smile)

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you! I'm sure it won't hurt very bad :) aww...that was so sweet of Ruth! that would put a smile on my face too :)

What's new with Vern and Holly