Saturday, October 4, 2008

Exercising My Right



One thing I feel very strongly about is exercising ones right to VOTE. It is a privilege to live in a free country and be able to have a part in electing our leaders. Here in Canada we have an election coming up in 10 days and in the States there is an election in a month. Since I am a dual citizen I get to vote in each country. This afternoon Vern and I went in to the elections office and cast our vote. (Here they have several dates when people can come in early to vote if you want to.) A few days ago I received my absentee ballot in the mail for the stateside election. I will get that mailed off in the next couple of days. I hope you will take advantage of the privilege you have and exercise your right to vote.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah!! that's so awesome!!

this is my first year I get to vote :D I'm so excited! I hope our ballots come in soon though!! ;)

Holly's Homepage said...

Ruth is disappointed, if she were just a couple of months older she would be able to vote too.

Hannah said...

YAY!!! That is sooo cool :D :D

Aw, that's to bad that Ruth can't vote :( Guess her and I will get to start voting in... 2012! :P

What's new with Vern and Holly