Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Do Not Eat Your Ballet


Today is election day in Canada. While we were driving yesterday we were listening to the news on the up coming election. One thing the news reporter was reminding us is that it is illegal to eat your ballot. I thought the guy was a bit crazy but he said you can even find recipes on line on: "How to Eat Your Ballot", but BEWARE, DO NOT EAT YOUR BALLOT. It still seemed like a bit of a bazaar story. However, I did look it up today and there were indeed people that went to the polling stations and ate their ballots. They were facing up to five years in jail or a $5,000 fine. I personally can not understanding anyone wasting their vote in this way. I sure hope all you Canadians out there have enjoyed going out and voting. It is a great privilege we enjoy as a free country to elect our leaders.

2 comments:

Glidewell Family said...

I'm sure the ballot was very tasteless. My question would be why would the government even want to waist it's space in a jail for ridicules people?

Anonymous said...

That is so bizarre!
DeAnna

What's new with Vern and Holly