We started off on the road this morning and we headed straight to the border. It was such a difference from yesterday where there were HUGE line ups. We were able to go right up to the toll booth with almost no wait. The paperwork went very smoothly. Within an hour we were finished doing everything that needed to be done and we were on our way. There is more paperwork that Caleb will have to do here but we were so grateful that all went so well. After crossing the border we only had a three hour trip home. When we were about 45 minutes from home we made a stop. I was traveling with Vern in the U-Haul and I moved into the car with Zachary as we needed to make a detour to pick something up. Only a few minutes after, as Vern was leaving town, a car going the other way crossed over the yellow lines and came right into his lane. The driver was out of control. Vern swerved to miss him but the car did knock one of the side mirrors off the U-Haul. Vern had the window open so the mirror came flying in the truck and glass shattered every where. Vern got cut by one of the pieces but the other pieces went right where I had been sitting just minutes before. In The Blink Of An Eye so much can happen. Vern was just amazed that there wasn't a lot of damage to the U-Haul and that he made it out of there with only a cut. Caleb was right behind and swerved and went onto the gravel and could have so easily been hit by this guy as well. And if I still would have been sitting in the truck, I could have been shot with all sorts of pieces of glass. In The Blink of an Eye.... Our lives were spared. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for us. Your prayers carried us through!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
In the Blink of An Eye
We started off on the road this morning and we headed straight to the border. It was such a difference from yesterday where there were HUGE line ups. We were able to go right up to the toll booth with almost no wait. The paperwork went very smoothly. Within an hour we were finished doing everything that needed to be done and we were on our way. There is more paperwork that Caleb will have to do here but we were so grateful that all went so well. After crossing the border we only had a three hour trip home. When we were about 45 minutes from home we made a stop. I was traveling with Vern in the U-Haul and I moved into the car with Zachary as we needed to make a detour to pick something up. Only a few minutes after, as Vern was leaving town, a car going the other way crossed over the yellow lines and came right into his lane. The driver was out of control. Vern swerved to miss him but the car did knock one of the side mirrors off the U-Haul. Vern had the window open so the mirror came flying in the truck and glass shattered every where. Vern got cut by one of the pieces but the other pieces went right where I had been sitting just minutes before. In The Blink Of An Eye so much can happen. Vern was just amazed that there wasn't a lot of damage to the U-Haul and that he made it out of there with only a cut. Caleb was right behind and swerved and went onto the gravel and could have so easily been hit by this guy as well. And if I still would have been sitting in the truck, I could have been shot with all sorts of pieces of glass. In The Blink of an Eye.... Our lives were spared. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for us. Your prayers carried us through!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's new with Vern and Holly
3 comments:
Wow very exciting! So glad to know that you are all alive and no major injuries! We have many stories of God's protection over us that are very similar to that one. And I am sure there are many more that we do not even know.
WOW!!!! God's protection is amazing! I am soo glad none of you were seriously harmed!!!
wow!!! PTL He protected you!!! And that you all are home safe and sound!!
Post a Comment