Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Hear That Train A Coming

















On Thursday an old Canadian Pacific train pulled into town and was on display for people to come and look at it. There was a small museum on board that you could tour through. There was also a Newman & Wright Theatre group doing a live program. This train brought back many memories as Vern's mom used to ride a train just like this several times a week as she went from their rural town into the city for her music lessons. She said one time the conductor even held the train for her as he knew she was a "regular" on the train that day and he knew if she missed the train she would be stranded in the city for the night. They were giving out train whistles which are pretty cool and they sound just like a train whistle. I am of course VERY excited to have a train whistle as I am thinking of the endless possibilities of how I can put my train whistle to use.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!

What's new with Vern and Holly