The Dyck family has quite a Christian heritage of grandparents who knew and loved the Lord. And I believe many of their prayers have been answered in most of their children and grandchildren also having a personal relationship with the Lord. Unfortunately, Vern only met one of his grandparents and the others died before he was born or died when he was a toddler. One of our "field trips" yesterday was to go to Vern's grandparents' farm. A cousin now lives there and farms the land. An aunt gave Ruth and I a guided tour of the place sharing different memories she had of growing up there. I was so happy Ruth and Titus were there with us for them to have this memory and hear a bit of their family history. Vern and Titus got the tour from his uncle and cousin's prospective. Thanks so much Charles for welcoming us and sharing a bit of history with us! (Titus' highlight was visiting another cousin's farm and being able to drive an ATV.)
Friday, June 6, 2008
Faith of Our Fathers
The Dyck family has quite a Christian heritage of grandparents who knew and loved the Lord. And I believe many of their prayers have been answered in most of their children and grandchildren also having a personal relationship with the Lord. Unfortunately, Vern only met one of his grandparents and the others died before he was born or died when he was a toddler. One of our "field trips" yesterday was to go to Vern's grandparents' farm. A cousin now lives there and farms the land. An aunt gave Ruth and I a guided tour of the place sharing different memories she had of growing up there. I was so happy Ruth and Titus were there with us for them to have this memory and hear a bit of their family history. Vern and Titus got the tour from his uncle and cousin's prospective. Thanks so much Charles for welcoming us and sharing a bit of history with us! (Titus' highlight was visiting another cousin's farm and being able to drive an ATV.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's new with Vern and Holly
2 comments:
What a neat experience! Looks like a fun time!
Wow! What a fun excursion. :)
Post a Comment