Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pete's Pita Pit




No we did not go to Pete's Pita Pit but we were having a craving for pita's. I hate spending money on any bread or baked goods as it is so much cheaper and tastier to make home made. Therefore it meant there was only one way to satisfy that craving; make up a batch of pita bread. I personally have never made them before but it seemed easy enough. After finding the recipe I wanted I set out to make my pitas. The most challenging part of the whole thing was baking them on a very high heat and then trying different methods in cooling them down to become soft. All in all, I think my trial project was a success and the kids enjoyed them and think we should do them again. So I guess I might become more of an expert of making pita's. If you a pro at making pita's and want to pass on your helpful tips, please share your comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo YUMMY!!!! Those look so good!!! so do all the toppings you have for them :) Yah, I bet the kids loved 'em! You're such a great cook! :D

Hannah said...

YUM!!! those look amazing and I bet they tasted even more amazing! :D

Jake and Erin said...

Those look REALLY good! What's your secret and where did you find the recipe?
~Erin

Holly's Homepage said...

I used actually made up two different batches with two different recipes, both of them I got on line. I also tried two different ways of baking them. One was on a cooling rack placed on the oven rack, the other which I liked better was baking them on a hot cookie sheet for three minutes at 5oo degrees. I made about 35 of them and only have two left. So the kids really enjoyed them. I will be making them again.

What's new with Vern and Holly