

In the work we are involved in our family has the opportunity to develop some great friendships with a lot of people. However, many of our friends are overseas. Our first two years in Ontario there was a family that came through the training that we became good friends with. They have five children and from day one Ruth, Damarise, & Hannah connected and became really good friends. (kindred spirits) It was such a great two years filled with so many wonderful memories. We were very excited for their family as they headed out to Mozambique, but that meant years of not being able to see them. Damarise and Hannah have made so much effort in staying connected. On Ruth's 16th Birthday they phoned all the way from Mozambique to wish her a Happy 16th Birthday. About a year and a half ago Ruth was trying to make it over to Mozambique to see them. However, due to Ruth's health it didn't work out. The girls talked via the computer on Saturday and shared a surprise they have been working on for several months. THEY ARE FLYING IN FOR RUTH'S GRADUATION!!! Their family is coming on furlough so the timing is perfect for the girls to be able to make a trip to Ontario. Ruth was already excited about family from Chicago that is coming for her graduation, but this just blew her away, as she never dreamed something like this would happen. WHAT AN AWESOME SURPRISE!!!
4 comments:
It was sooo fun to talk to Ruth and I cannot WAIT to see her!!!! :D 197 days!!! :D :D YEAHHH!!!! :D
Oh and love the picture of you Ruth :D Hehe
YEAH!!! only 197 days left?! awesome!! I hope it goes by quickly :D :D I can't wait!!! I'm SOOO excited!!! It was awesome to talk to you Ruth!! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend and blessing to me (and Hannah of course:)!!! I can't wait to see you all soon!! :D
Now I know who these girls are that leave so many comments on your blog. Very excited for Ruth.
Post a Comment