Thursday, November 22, 2007

Pajama Night


Tonight was pajama night at Awana. (We were all supposed to be yawning in the picture. I guess Titus yawns with his tongue out.) Well we all headed out for our pajama night but things sure changed quickly. We had a snowy day and the roads were quite slick. We headed off to the next town where our Awana club is. I takes about 17 minutes (in good driving conditions) to get there. It was slow going but we were making good progress. We all of a sudden came to a road block. There was a firetruck blocking the highway. A fireman stopped us telling us that there was a bad accident and that the road was closed. He told us that we needed to take a side road around the accident. I asked the fireman how the side road was as the side roads are the last to get plowed. He said , "Just fo slow." So we started down one side road and then had to turn on another. We don't have our snow tires on the car yet and the road was incredibly icy. We were going down a bit of a hill and our car slide off the road. Ruth and Titus got out to help push us back on the road. It looked a bit funny since the kids had their pajamas on. Instead of a coat Ruth was wearing her bathrobe. A man stopped to help us out and we were good to go. But I knew that it was time to head home. So it was very unfortunate we weren't able to enjoy Pajama Night with our Cubbies but we were VERY thankful to make it home safe and sound.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow! Glad that you guys are all ok!!!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! I'm soo glad that ya'll are safe!!!

What's new with Vern and Holly