




Every family has family traditions. And we have a family tradition that we do with the first day of school. Ever since I started home schooling in the tribe many years ago, I always tried to make each first day of the new school year special. Most kids are not excited about going back to school after a nice summer break. So I have always hung up streamers, written the kids a note of encouragement, and had a special breakfast to start off the day. So this year was no different. I once again tried to get into the spirit of "Happy New School Year!" I bought the kids a little surprise. I found some really good backpacks with some awesome padding on the shoulders and up and down the back. Ruth has a lot of back trouble and often times Titus would carry her backpack to school as it was so heavy. We are hoping the better padding will help avoid those sore backs. The kids were up and ready to go and then 15 minutes before school started Ruth said to Titus, "We have 15 minutes of summer break left, what should we do?" Well, those minutes were taken getting out the door and walking down to school.
3 comments:
wow!!! that sounds fun:-) I would be excited to start school:-D haha! Can you come here and throw us a party??:-D hope their first day of school went good!
Grrr! The 1st day of school... what a bummer! I hate it! Hate it I tell ya!!!
Cuuuute:) ... looks like a fun first day of school!
Post a Comment