Next week our students will experience "Scratch Week Cooking". It is a week when we want our students to cook from scratch and not use convenience prepackaged foods. In most countries where our missionaries are working you can not get prepackaged foods and you have to make things from scratch. This helps to prepare our students for life on the mission field. We also ask our student to live without their electrical kitchen appliances since they will not be able to use most of them on the mission field. This week now, we staff ladies will be having different groups of students into our homes every morning for a couple of hours of hands on demonstrations. Tomorrow I am having a group in our home and we will be doing: "Fun with Yeast Doughs." I spent a chunk of time putting together a power point for class this morning so I thought I would share a few of the slides with you.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Scratch Week Cooking
Next week our students will experience "Scratch Week Cooking". It is a week when we want our students to cook from scratch and not use convenience prepackaged foods. In most countries where our missionaries are working you can not get prepackaged foods and you have to make things from scratch. This helps to prepare our students for life on the mission field. We also ask our student to live without their electrical kitchen appliances since they will not be able to use most of them on the mission field. This week now, we staff ladies will be having different groups of students into our homes every morning for a couple of hours of hands on demonstrations. Tomorrow I am having a group in our home and we will be doing: "Fun with Yeast Doughs." I spent a chunk of time putting together a power point for class this morning so I thought I would share a few of the slides with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's new with Vern and Holly
2 comments:
how did your cooking lessons go today?
Haha! I love the last slide :D Hope you have fun this week!
Post a Comment