Thursday, January 8, 2009

R.I.P. Rupert




We are still working through all the insurance issues with our car, "Rupert". However we did get a phone call the other day saying that Rupert was totaled, Therefore Vern and I made the drive over to see Rupert one last time. We wanted to get our license plates off Rupert and check to make sure we had gotten everything of value out of him. Since I had never been in an accident I have never had to do anything like this before. It felt VERY weird to see Rupert again. He was at a auto garage about 1/2 hour away. When I first saw him it just felt so wrong to see him locked behind a chain link fence and yet some how it felt good knowing he was well protected. When I went inside to get things that were in the car it was very weird sitting inside looking at the now deflated airbags. There was still such a strong smell from whatever is inside the airbags. After we got everything we came there to get I just stood there looking Rupert. He had been such a wonderful provision from the Lord. One of my sister who knew our car had just died gave him to us. He had been such a faithful car for us for over 4 1/2 years. We certainly were not ready to part with him but we know God had other plans. We know that things could have been FAR, FAR worse then what they were but nevertheless Ruth and I have been through a bit of a trauma. There were so many emotions going through me that I did shed some tears as I stood there trying to bring some closure to the whole accident. I had wished that Ruth had gone with us but she had another appointment. We might try to bring her up there yet but we don't know how long the car will be there yet before they move him somewhere else. We are still waiting on our insurance to see what kind of money we will get for Rupert. We have spent a lot of time on the Internet and on the phone trying to find a car that will work for us and fit into our budget. Hopefully some thing will come up in the near future as we continue to be a bit of juggling at times to get everyone where they need to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww I'm so sorry Rupert is totaled :( I'll be praying that you can find a nice and cheap car!

Glidewell Family said...

We know the feelings. We went behind the fence wall to pick up some things from our friends van. Ace was helping him move and was driving the van when a drunk driver slammed into the front of the van. The passenger of the car was killed so when we went to the junk yard to pick up the stuff the car he hit was sitting next to the van. It was so sad to look it because you knew the lady was probally in hell. We are glad that you and Ruth have gaurding angels who potected you.

What's new with Vern and Holly