
My blog has been silent for a couple of days as I was down with the flu. There are all sorts of different bugs making its way around camp. I was hoping it would not hit our house but it did. Three of our children are also sick and are dealing with bad colds. We take a lot of Ester C and do a lot of the normal things people do to fight off colds. However, Ruth decided to try some thing new and she came home with a yesterday. Her coworkers were telling her how a "Neti Pot" would be the answer to fighting her cold. I had never seen a “Neti Pot” before. It reminded me of a pot you rub and a “Jeanie” would pop out. It is actually something you use to flush out your sinuses with. I guess there is quite an act to using the thing. (Ruth's coworkers were giving her tips on using it as they believe in it so much.) We’ll see how Ruth’s little experiment with the “Neti Pot” goes and whether this is the answer to getting over a cold quicker. What is your cure all for the common cold???
1 comment:
Ace and I were talking the other day about an article he read on how exercise helps flush out sickness. The last thing you want to do when you are sick! He recalled when he went on a mission trip to Alaska the team wanted to hike up a mountain. He was sick and didn't want to participate. He thought he should go because how ofton does one get to be in Alaska. So,he went and hiked up the mountain and aftewards he felt much better and wasn't sick. Interesting pot. I don't like the two words flush and sinuses together.
Post a Comment