Sunday, February 24, 2008

Family Time
















We love spending time with our families but due to how spread out Vern and his siblings are we don't get to spend much time together. It has been a special treat to be here with Vern's brother and wife. This past week we made some great memories together spending a few days at the beach. Even though we lived here for years we never owned a car and had a way to get around and see much of the beauty of Venezuela. We went up to the ocean and truely did enjoy the beauty and wonder of God's creation. The beaches we went to were not the usual tourist spots. One beach we went to we were the only people on the beach. We had to take a boat ride out to it and it was like a roller coaster ride as the waves were high at times. We tried a bit of snorkeling which was fun. But since I had never done it before I had to learn how to relax and learn how to breath in and out. It was a great time together and really was an awesome time together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo how fun!! and the beach looks awesome!=D how neat that you guys got to spend family time together!=D

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that if you had tried really really hard you could have fit me in among your luggage somewhere... that beach looks awesome:) (especially when I look at the 8 feet of snow here...)

Emma and Mark

Anonymous said...

Mom, those are great pictures! I could use some sun right now, but it looks like you got enough for the both of us!
Ruth

What's new with Vern and Holly